Thursday, 15 March 2007

My free joyride (with JPEGS)

Today I went on the ferry (it was free today!) and Mum took some pictures which I thought you might like to see. The captain was quite nice and he let me drive the boat... twice!! Here's me driving the boat, and me talking into the microphone.

I had this extreme burst of joy when I was driving it, kind of like the joy teenagers feel when they've bought a car and they're allowed to have a small joy-ride.
The captain showed me a little dial, which when I turned the wheel, it moved. He showed me a floating compass which was in a bubble of plastic, and was immersed in water.
I'm going camping tonight, and I'm happy.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thats pretty cool! :)
I think i've only been on a ferry once. A looong time ago.

Its pretty awesome they let you drive!!
I was really nervous when my dad let me drive for the first time but I just need practice. :P I dont get my official license for another year though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Calling Bravo Charlie,Bravo Charlie, Bravo Charlie.
This is Gunna, Gunna, Gunna.

Into the real world of boating eh.
Now that is BIG TIME !

Roger and out.